Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pulling out the plaid

To me, there is nothing better about the fall and winter seasons than the sight of plaid. I love it and would use it on everything if I could.  My dear cousin is getting married in a few weeks and it is a kilt friendly wedding.  Also, my son is turning two this November and I am jumping on the opportunity to have a Scottish themed party. 

Come! Let's enjoy some Scottish flair together!


I love this use of plaid as an accent wall. Mixed with solid color bedding and textural accents, it's a great space to relax.



A wing chair upholstered in plaid against a modern desk is always a winning idea.


An equestrian inspired foyer is accented with a single plaid chair. 


An intricate floor pattern created by mosaic tile. 


A settee upholstered in plaid and a traditional foyer are kept fresh with the use of light colors and white trim.




There are not many things better than tartan accents in a traditional library setting.



Another example of plaid as an accent wall. Love that the furniture and other accents are contemporary and have been kept monochromatic except for the pop of lime green.

My love for plaid is not only limited to home decor!


A plaid smoking slipper. Divine!


Rolled tartan, ready for kilts!


1940's Chrysler with plaid interior.  



A fun way to add plaid to your wardrobe.



Tartan bar-ware.



Alexander McQueen


We can't forget to take a look at the beautiful Scottish landscape.  I can't wait to go back.



Source: Personal Photo

Source: Personal Photo


Source: Personal Photo

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers! -Vee

*Need help with your home?  Contact us at virginia@virginiabdesign.com and check out our website at www.virginiabdesign.com


No comments:

Post a Comment